At RWB Properties & Construction, we are always looking for new members to join our team. If you’re interested in learning about working with us, view some of our employment opportunities.
Join the RWB Team!
RWB believes there is strength in diversity. We are committed to a safe and inclusive environment that celebrates people of all backgrounds and their unique stories, promoting growth and positive interactions.
Our culture is grounded in a fundamental commitment to continuous improvement. No matter how well the last project went, we always look for ways to do more, work smarter. We provide mentoring, training, and education to support your continuous growth.
In turn, we expect you to work collaboratively, think on your feet, be open to learning, adapt to changing conditions, share your skills, talents and experience with others, and never be satisfied with the status quo.
Candidate must ensure a safe, secure, and healthy work environment. Candidates will be comfortable performing construction trade work and running a crew, ensuring projects stay on schedule. Candidate must engage, develop, and train Project Managers, Site Forepersons and/or other staff to work in a productive and ethical fashion
This position requires travel.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Some College Courses preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and familiarity using mobile apps is necessary.
- Familiarity with all trade tools
- Journeyman-level tradesman
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to travel extensively as needed
- Lead crews to complete specific projects.
- Oversee training of new crew members.
- Communicating to project managers/ supervisors/ field manager.
- Reading plans and specs
- Ensuring quality work and correct practices.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations. Keep job sites clean.
- Must be able and willing to jump in and work alongside the crew.
- Planning and staying on timeline.
- Work effectively on a team
- Perform general labor as assigned
- Take direction from supervisor
- When required leading crews up to 1 to 6 or larger.
- Can manage large scope projects.
- Run a crew with 4 – 8 workers and when required, at least 1 sub trade.
- Can perform all the duties of a remodel craftsman.
- Client interface—ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients.
Ability to drive and operate a forklift. Certification is preferred but not mandatory •
Ability to drive a vehicle with trailer to transport forklift from job site to job site •
Have the skill sets to perform at the highest quality level at least 5 of the following (but not limited to) components:
Cabinet installation and modification • Casework installation • Drywall installation • Drywall tape and bed • Paint • Metal and wood stud installation • Some flooring; ceramic tile, quarry tile, carpet squares, VCT… • Countertop hard surface modification and installation; corian, granite, • Laminate work • Ceiling installation and repair; ACT, hard lid • Digital board installation; kiosks, menu boards, POS…. • Door framing and hanging • Concrete • Blueprint reading • Layouts • Take-offs • Store fixture installation •
RWB’s Estimator will have the primary responsibility for all preconstruction activities on construction management projects, including the building and development of all types of public, residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
A B.A. or B.S. degree in engineering or construction management (Other degrees and/or equivalent work experience may substitute for education at discretion of VP.). Minimum 5 years of experience as a construction estimator, preconstruction manager, or equivalent role in the construction industry.
Ability to travel locally in the Greater Cincinnati and Tristate Area
Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Ability to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, team members, and executives
CAD experience preferred
- Ability to perform estimating, take-off, and scheduling functions for construction projects
- Work collaboratively with other CS departments and staff to complete proposals, SOQs, bid packages, and estimates
- Possess the conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of project requirements – Design/Build
- Review drawings, specifications, and other construction documents in order to create accurate estimates
- Attend site meetings to discuss project scope with potential clients and owners
- Prepare proposals and contracts that accurately reflect scope, fees, and client information
- Obtain, review, and critically analyze subcontractor proposals and estimates
- Prepare construction schedules for estimating purposes
- Discuss staffing requirements and logistics plan with Project Managers and VPs
- File for permits, track permitting process, and follow up with permitting agencies
- Participate in the value engineering process by working with preliminary designs to prepare cost estimates for review with Project Managers and VPs
- Identify potential design, scheduling, material, or cost problems and notify Project Managers and/or VPs
- Determine, present, and discuss alternative solutions to identified problems to team members and clients
- Build client and owner relationships by effectively communicating, presenting ideas, and conducting in-office and on-site meetings during the preconstruction phase
- Interpret and explain contracts, scopes, plans, and technical details to the team
- Prepare and submit contracts/subcontracts for approval
- Create and edit spreadsheets
- Enforce Safety Policies
- Foster relationships with clients and vendors
- Nurture relationships with existing clients
- Cultivate business opportunities with new clients
- Actively look for and follow up on new leads and new projects
- Engage, develop, and train Assistant Project Managers, Site Forepersons and/or other staff to work in a productive and ethical fashion
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field is a plus
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
Why Work at RWB?
If you’re interested in joining the industry’s leading Interior finishing contracting company then RWB is right for you!
We at RWB pride ourselves in not only providing our field workforce superior Leadership within our supervisory Group of Professionals, but enhancing that with cutting edge technology. The combination of Superior Self- performance capabilities, on average 20 years’ of supervisory experience along with the most skilled craftsmanship, your growth and advancement opportunities are unmatched.
Come Build With Us!
The RWB Carpentry Apprenticeship Training Program was the brainchild of our Owner -Rodrigo Williams.
We afford selected members of the underserved communities the opportunity to obtain General Carpentry/ Construction oriented skills. To be accepted each applicant undergoes a rigorous pre acceptance interview process.
Training the Community
The program is designed to instill the rudimentary skills which would allow our graduates the ability to enter the construction field at a ground level. The program consists of a 12 Week curriculum.
With emphasis on specific areas of training including but not limited to the following:
- OSHA TRAINING
- Hand -Tool – Power Tools Handling
- Boom Lift -Scissors Lift Training
- Door Installation
Graduation is the culmination of completing the 12 week session.
Ready to Learn More?
Fill out the form to learn more about our Training Programs and what opportunities we can offer you.